Purcell’s City Council approved the purchase of 23 light poles with matching decorative bases for the Main StreetScape project at its regular monthly meeting Monday night at the Police Service Building.
That came during the Purcell Public Works Authority portion of Monday’s meeting when they accepted the bid of $150,420 from EMSCO Electric Supply.
After an executive session the board voted to begin the process of accepting applications for city manager.
The board also heard quarterly reports from Wadley’s EMS and from Purcell Municipal Hospital.
During the city council portion of the meeting, the group approved entering into a five-year contract for 22 body cameras and 22 car cameras for the police department from Axon for $413,990.37.
The council approved a change order for the Oklahoma Department of Transportation for $72,829 for the Main StreetScape project to fund bases for the new lights and electric boxes for the project in downtown Purcell.
• approved purchase of a 3/4 ton cargo van from Confidence Ford in Norman for the state bid price of $45,194.20
• approved the contract to lease space in the Purcell Human Resources Center to the library
• appoved the final plat of The Arbors Phase I upon recommendation of the planning commission
• approved the adjusted police department budget after ratification of the FOP contract
• approved a budget amendment of $5,483.12 to record insurance reimbursements for two hail damaged police units.
The council tabled any action on surplus portions of Red Hill to acquire public input about any possible sale of the real estate.
They also tabled the purchase of a truck and uplift equipment for the Emergency Management Department.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here