Mid-America Technology Center was awarded the OkACTE Gold Star award at the 2022 Oklahoma Summit Conference. This marks Mid-America’s 15th year in a row to receive this prestigious award.
The Gold Star recognition is for a period of one year, and in order to be a recipient of the award the technology center must meet a comprehensive set of criteria which establishes the technology center as exceptional in service to patrons of their communities.
A small sampling of the criteria follows:
• A minimum of 80 percent of full-time students complete career and technology training;
• A minimum of 82.5 percent of all students who complete their program are (1) employed in jobs for which they were trained, (2) continuing their education, (3) or have joined the military;
• Evidence the technology center has a current strategic plan that support the strategic plan of the Oklahoma system of Career and Technology Education;
• The technology center district must have a communications and marketing program and have a marketing plan that must have integrated into the technology center’s strategic plan;
• The technology center has a commitment to service business and industry by providing at least eight of 18 categories of programs and service area;
• The technology center seeks to serve special initiatives or provide additional services sensitive to needs of its constituency by providing five of 10 specific services;
• The technology center’s students were members of the appropriate student organization (50 percent); and its students were active in participating in district, and/or state and national student organization competitive events.
Living up to the standards set by the Gold Star School criteria is something that all Mid-America Technology Center employees strive for every day.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here